In addition to our weekly School Year classes, FUNgineering is offering part-day Mini-Camps throughout the school year that coincide with school holidays. These Mini-Camps will feature our popular Creative Engineering, Science of Minecraft, Fun with Robotics, and Programming in Scratch/Minecraft/Roblox, 3D Printing (5-day weeks), and Electronics (5-day weeks) classes. Returning families can enroll through our Registration Portal, or scroll down this page. New families should scroll down this page to register for camps. Please send a lunch and drink with your child if they are attending full-day class. You can also send a water bottle and snack for them if they get hungry early or late, including part-day classes (some younger children get hungry during the three hour class, particularly when they see other kids having a snack). If something needs to be refrigerated, please let us know and we can store it in our refrigerator. PLEASE LABEL ALL LUNCHBOXES/BAGS. IMPORTANT: If you need early drop-off or late pick-up during the week, please register for them early so that we have the correct staff in place for those days.
New for this year… All mini-camps are being offered on a day-by-day basis. Sign up for one day of part day camp, the whole week of full day camp, or anything in between. You can also mix and match different classes throughout the week. For full-day camp, simply register for both the morning and afternoon part-day sessions and send a lunch.
All camps are $35 per day, per part-day session, per child. A multi-child discount of 5% will be applied to families with children attending camps during the same week.
Early Drop-off (7:45am) and Late Pickup (5:30pm)
During the mini-camps, early drop-off at 7:45am is available for $10/day and late pickup at 5:30pm is available for $10/day. If you will need early drop-off or late pickup, please pre-register for them through the online registration system.
When registering for a Mini-Camp, your credit card will be charged on the first day of that week’s Mini-Camp. Cancellation prior to the start of the Mini-Camp will result in your card not being charged. Cancellation after your card has been charged will result in no refund.
Fall/Spring Mini-Camp Schedule — Click on the mini-camp to jump to the quick registration list of classes and times for that week.
About our classes
- Creative Engineering: The best class for young engineers! Using LEGO® education sets, kids work together and with instructors to learn how to build basic machines. Alongside building windmills, ferris wheels, cars, pneumatic machines and programming sound and motion for alligators and lions, they also experiment with physics by racing their own cars. (Recommended ages: 5-8)
- Science of Minecraft: We take the physics, programming, and world science of the sandbox game Minecraft to teach kids the concepts behind electrical engineering, basic physics, earth science and interactive group planning. As well, kids gain a familiarity with computer literacy. Player-versus-Player is prohibited during classes. (Recommended ages: 7+)
- Robotics: From basic collision detection to walking, students work together to both program and construct their own robots. Classes are designed to instruct beginners in basic robotics and work upward toward competitive robotics building. (Recommended ages: 8+)
- Stop Motion Animation: Create your own movie using Stop Motion Animation and LEGOs. Students learn to create their stories using story boards and then bring those stories to life using LEGOs and Stop Motion Animation. (Recommended ages: 6+)
- Programming in Scratch: Students will use software developed by MIT (Scratch), where they will learn the basic structure and functions behind any programming language using games and animation. (Recommended ages: 7+)
- Programming Mods in Minecraft: Students will use the LearnToMod software package to design and program their own Mods in Minecraft. This is not our standard Science of Minecraft class. It is primarily focused on programming/coding and may be very challenging for younger students. (Recommended ages: 7+)
- Roblox Programming: Do your kids love Roblox? Now you can foster that love of Roblox and turn it into a computer science learning experience. Students will learn how to write their own Roblox games that they can then share with their friends. (Recommended ages: 7+)
- Electronics: Electricity is a powerful tool in the hands of someone who knows how to properly harness it. In this course, students will learn the fundamental principles necessary to unlock the potential of electronic circuits through hands-on projects. The course environment will help students overcome the barriers that traditionally prevent them from experimenting with circuit design. By successfully solving challenging problems using electronic circuits, students will overcome the intimidation often associated with this subject, and will soon be bringing their own inventions to life using the power of electricity! (Recommended ages: 10+)
- 3-D Printing: Kids explore 3-D modeling and interfaces and learn about the process of 3-D printing. After learning different building tools and troubleshooting their models, students get to print an object of their own design! (Recommended ages: 8+)
2016/2017 Mini-Camp Quick Registration